Friday, June 17, 2011

Stromatolite Wrap

This cabachon is of stromatolite, sent to me by Bob Hale. I finally got brave enough to wrap it and like the resulting pendant. I will attempt some more of the stones he sent soon as they are all just gorgeous.
 Here I torched and hammered sheet copper to make this dangly necklace. I made the chain by making bead connectors and wiring them together to form the links.
This is a pendant I made from a piece of jasper I rock-hounded in Deming, NM and then tumbled and polished it. I then wrapped it in antiqued copper wire to suspend from a simple wire neck ring. I love the colors in this stone!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pendants, and I love the work bench in the bedroom. Wish my fingers allowed me to go back to jewellery making. The curse of getting older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art, the use of skill and imagination in the creation of aesthetic objects, environments, or experiences that can be shared with others.
    It encompasses a diverse range of human activities, creations, and modes of expression, including music, literature, film, photography, sculpture, and paintings.

    Your blog totally matches this definition and I promise I'll come back. I also suggest you check out this blog I just saw, I think it's great as well: Drawings Paintings Prints
    Will be coming back,
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete